Linux Mint’s Clement Lefebvre has announced that Cinnamon 2.6.12 has been released, being available via the default repositories of Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela.
Because it is a point release, it brings fixes only:
- photoframe desklet: remove long-unused ‘quality’ setting.
- Spices.py: remove redundant url request when refreshing thumbnails.
- Fix the activation of right side hot corners being blocked by the pointer barrier
- Some improvements to the trash applet
- fix the trash applet crashing cinnamon due to a misnamed function
- cs_startup: Fix an issue where startup applications fails to start because a desktop file fails to load
To get Cinnamon 2.6.12 on Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela Cinnamon, just perform a regular system upgrade:
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
As a reminder, Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela has been officially released a few days ago. To upgrade from either Linux Mint 17, Linux Mint 17.1 or Linux Mint 17.2 RC to Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela (stable), follow the instructions from this article.