Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Ubuntu and Dell have good business relationships. This year in September, Dell laptops released with Ubuntu Kylin pre-installed have reached over 1000 computer stores, in China.
Now, after the release of Sputnik 1 and Sputnik 2, Dell has announced Sputik 3, another touch-enabled Ubuntu laptop, from the Sputnik series.
Hardware specs of Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition laptop (Sputnik 3):
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4200U (1.6/2.6 GHz dual core) or Intel Core i7-4500U (1.8/3.0 Ghz dual core)
- Memory: 8 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1600MHz
- Graphics: Integrated graphics card Intel HD Graphics 4400
- Screen: Touch screen 13.3-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB storage mSATA Solid State Drive
- OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise 64bit with some special applications for developers
- Warranty: 1-year Dell ProSupport dedicated professional assistance
The new Dell laptop will be available in November in the following countries: Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland, while December also brings it in Belgium, Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition laptop (Sputnik 3) can be bought from the official site, at the starting price of $1249.