The game got some updates for all the platforms: Linux, Windows and Mac OS X. A list of improvements and fixes for Linux:
- Made the chat wheel work
- Added intro movie for new users, fixed black screen displaying for new users
- Fixed bugs with some tooltips missing text on what abilities do
- Fixed outline color of target units to match what Windows shows
- Fixed some rendering issues
- Fixed some crashes
- A variety of performance improvements
- Fixes to audio (silence, crashes)
- Linux: Fixed hang when pasting from the clipboard under certain conditions
A full list of improvements is available via the official Steam site.
Minimum requirements for playing Dota 2 on Linux systems: Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, 2.8 Ghz Dual Core CPU, 4 GB of RAM, 4 GB free space, nVidia GeForce 8600/9600GT, ATI/AMD Radeon HD2600/3600 (Graphic Drivers: nVidia 310, AMD 12.11), OpenGL 2.1 and OpenAL Compatible Sound Card.
As a reminder, you need to have the Steam client already installed, in order to play Dota 2.
If you need help the Steam installation on Ubuntu, Linux Mint or Fedora, see the following two articles.
- Instructions for installing Steam on Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Instructions for installing Steam on Fedora