Hello Linux Geekstes & Gamers.
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is now available on Linux operating systems via Steam. For those who don’t know, the game features the classic Duke Nukem 3D, but comes with three extra expansion packs. The Megaton edition brings also some visual improvements and small fixes to the origial game. Earlier this year, the game was released for Windows.
The game will continue to receive updates and improvements on Linux via Steam and should arrive as a stable version soon.
The game includes the following versions of the game (from the steam community site):
- Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition – All four officially released episodes of the iconic shooter with carefully restored visuals, timeless gameplay, and challenging Steam achievements. (OpenGL)
- Duke Caribbean: Life’s a Beach – Grab your water gun and sunscreen as Duke battles vacationing aliens in beach side hotels, tropical lagoons and even a cruise ship! (OpenGL)
- Duke It Out in D.C. – Duke takes his special brand of politics to Washington D.C. to turn back the alien invasion set against the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, and even FBI headquarters. (OpenGL)
- Duke: Nuclear Winter – Take a brutal walk through this winter wonderland as Duke gets into the holiday spirit by bringing the battle to the North Pole! (OpenGL)
- Duke Nukem 3D Classic – The classic version of Duke Nukem 3D in all it’s original glory. Hail to the King, baby! (DOSBox)
The official trailer can be seen on this link.
As a reminder, you need to have the Steam client already installed, in order to play Dota 2.
If you need help the Steam installation on Ubuntu, Linux Mint or Fedora, see the following two articles.
- Instructions for installing Steam on Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Instructions for installing Steam on Fedora