As you may know, Mozilla Firefox is among the most popular internet browsers available, being very appreciated by FOSS users.
The latest version available is Firefox 40.0.3, bringing regression fixes and security updates:
- Disable the asynchronous plugin initialization
- Fix a segmentation fault in the GStreamer support (GNU/Linux)
- Fix a regression with some Japanese fonts used in the field
- On some sites, the selection in a select combox box using the mouse could be broken
- Some search partner codes were missing
- Various security fixes
Recently, Firefox 40.0.3 has been added to the default repositories of the latest Fedora systems, so installing the software is piece of cake.
How to install Firefox on Fedora 22, via DNF
$ sudo dnf update
$ sudo dnf install firefox
How to install Firefox on Fedora 21, via YUM
$ sudo yum update
$ sudo yum install firefox