The latest version available is Atom 0.124.0, which has been released a while ago, coming with important changes.
Open Behavior Changes
- Selecting a file from the open dialog will now open that file in the current window.
- Dropping a file onto a window now opens that file in the window it was dropped onto.
- Selecting a folder from the open dialog will now open that folder in the current window if it is untitled.
- Dropping a folder onto an untitled window now opens that folder in the window it was dropped onto.
- Fixed an issue where apm commands would fail if RVM was being used.
- Fixed an issue where apm unpublish would fail when run without a package name.
- Added the number of stars a package has to the command output.
- Add a –language option to the apm init command that generates a new language grammar package.
Other Major Changes
- Fixed an issue where the editor would log document.createNodeIterator errors.
- The editor DOM elements now have a data-grammar attribute that contains all the segments of the current grammar’s scope, such as source js.
- The workspace DOM element now contains the current UI theme name as a CSS class.
- Fixed an issue when moving to the first character of a line with leading hard tabs when invisibles were enabled.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the window’s title bar would not be visible in certain scenarios.
- Added a new grammar for SQL files with Mustache templates named SQL (Mustache).
- Fixed an issue where the Styleguide would not open.
In this article I will show you how to install Atom 0.124.0 on Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Linux Mint 13 Maya, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Elementary OS 0.2 Luna, Peppermint Five, Deepin 2014, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2.0 and other Ubuntu derivative systems.
Because it is available via PPA, installing Atom 0.124.0 on Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04 and derivative systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the atom package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/atom
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install atom
Optional, to remove atom, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove atom