Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Calligra Suite is an office suite similar to the LibreOffice or OpenOffice suites, being available on Kubuntu and other KDE-based Linux systems. The Calligra suite contains the following apps: Words, Stage, Sheets, Flow, and Kexi (office apps), Krita and Karbon (graphics manipulation) and Plan (project management).
The latest version available is Calligra 2.8.5, which is the latest update from the Calligra 2.8 series, comes with bug-fixes only:
- Only move to initial top-left position in table view on initial show
- Display proper record’s page number when coming back to report’s data view
- Properly remember previous search keywords in the Find Dialog
- Fix crash for SELECT queries containing (invalid) “ORDER BY 0″ parameter
- Properly sort names of newly added tables and queries in Form Designer’s data source drop-down list
- Fix crash possible when accessing queries with duplicated table names. Example query “SELECT t.foo FROM t, t”. Display error message so user can fix the statement.
- Fix squashed up toolbar buttons for windows-based styles
- Fix crash when removing a Database Connection
- Temporarily hide “sort” buttons in forms because sorting is not implemented there anyway
- Make Ctrl+S keyboard shortcut work for Save action in all designers
- Fix deselecting text form’s text editor widget when moving to other widget
- Let the spreadsheet import plugin to be found by Kexi
- Fix crash on changing Auto Tab Order form property, set to true by default
- Properly retrieve map element after saving and re-opening report
- Removed resource leaks
It is advised to install Calligra Office Suite 2.8.5 on systems using KDE , because it depends on many kde libraries that will be installed on your system, if they are not already.
In this article I will show you how to install Calligra Office Suite 2.8.5 on Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint Five, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2.0 and other Ubuntu 14.04 derivative systems.
Because it is available via Kubuntu Backports PPA, installing Calligra Suite 2.8.5 on the listed Ubuntu 14.04 and derivative systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the calligra package.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install calligra
To uninstall Calligra Suite 2.8.5 and remove the recently added ppa, do:
$ sudo apt-add-repository --remove ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get remove calligra