Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Calligra Suite is an office suite similar to the LibreOffice or OpenOffice suites, being available on Kubuntu and other KDE-based Linux systems. The Calligra suite contains the following apps: Words, Stage, Sheets, Flow, and Kexi (office apps), Krita and Karbon (graphics manipulation) and Plan (project management).
The latest version available is Calligre Suite 2.9.1, which has been recently released, coming with fixes and changes for all its components.
- Show clear buttons in line edits of the Object Name dialogs.
- Use consistent style of title naming in window tabs.
- Fix status bar online updates when e.g. /tmp is on different partition than /home.
- Fix crash on backward search (bug 337015)
- Database handling:
- Fix compacting of .kexi files when e.g. /tmp is on different partition than /home.
- Show “No field selected” hint on first use of an empty Kexi table designer.
- Make SUBSTR(X, Y [, Z]) built-in SQL function work (bug 333206)
- Remember and restore dirty flag equal to false while changing modes, e.g. this fixes the flag state when the query designer is opened in SQL view and the visual view fails to open.
- Map theme can be picked from the property editor
- Add keyboard shortcuts for copy/paste/cut/delete actions (bug 334967)
- Cut action should make the report design dirty.
- Fix the outline cursor on CentOS 6.5
- Update G’Mic to the very latest version (but the problems on Windows are still not resolved)
- Improve the layout of the filter layer/mask dialog’s filter selector
- Fix the layout of the pattern selector for fill layers
- Remove the dependency of QtUiTools, which means that no matter whether the version Qt installed and the version Qt Krita was built agast differ, the layer metadata editors work
- Fix a bug that happened when switching between workspaces
- Fix bug 339357: the time dynamic didn’t start reliably
- Fix bug 344862: a crash when opening a new view with a tablet stylus
- Fix bug 344884: a crash when selecting too small a scale for a brush texture
- Fix bug 344790: don’t crash when resizing a brush while drawing
- Fix setting the toolbox to only one icon wide
- Fix bug 344478: random crash when using liquify
- Fix bug 344346: Fix artefacts in fill layers when too many parallel updates happened
- Fix bug 184746: merging two vector layers now creates a vector layer instead of rendering the vectors to pixels
- Add an option to disable the on-canvas notification messages (for some people, they slow down drawing)
- Fix bug 344243: make the preset editor visible in all circumstances
For more information about this release, see the official announcement.
It is advised to install Calligra Office Suite 2.9.1 on systems using KDE , because it depends on many kde libraries that will be installed on your system, if they are not already.
In this article I will show you how to install Calligra Office Suite 2.9.1 on Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn.
Because it is available via Kubuntu Backports PPA, installing Calligra Suite 2.9.1 on the listed Ubuntu 14.10 and derivative systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the calligra package.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install calligra
To uninstall Calligra Suite 2.9.1 and remove the recently added ppa, do:
$ sudo apt-add-repository --remove ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get remove calligra