Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Cantata is a music player, working with KDE, or as a Qt4 application. Cantata has the most important features of a modern music player. The latest version available is Cantata 1.5.1, coming with the below changes and fixes:
- Show correct separators for windows builds.
- Supply TagLib 1.9.1 for windows builds.
- Convert filename to UTF16 before passing to TagLib for windows builds.
- When emiting signal to say cover is loaded, need to adjust size by pixel ratio.
- Fix updating of toolbar coverwidget if cover is downloaded after song has started.
- Fix compilation when online services disabled.
- Fix dynamic playlists with no include rules.
- Re-add option to show artist images in tree and list views.
For more information about this release, see the changelog.
In this article I will show you how to install Cantata 1.5.1 on Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Peppermint Five, Deepin 2014, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2.0 and other Ubuntu derivative systems.
Because it is available via PPA, installing Cantata 1.5.1 MPD on Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04 and derivative systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the cantata package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/cantata
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install cantata
Optional, to remove cantata, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove cantata