Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Foobnix is an open-source, multi-platform audio player for Linux, Windows and Android, having all the features of a modern music player.
- Support for CUE (also wv, iso.wv) is the best under Linux (zavlab)
- Formats MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND
- Converter any format to any (mp3, ogg, mp2, ac3, m4a, wav)
- Scrobbler tags with music and radio
- Find and play music and videos
- Online music download manager
- Displays the album cover, lyrics, photo artist
- Integration with VKontakte (displaying all the friends and their music, downloading music from the group vkontakte)
- Integration with Last.FM (Show plays the best songs, favorite songs, artists)
The latest version available is Foobnix 3.0, which has been ported from GTK2 to GTK3.
In this article I will show you how to install Foobnix Music Player 3.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Linux Mint 13 Maya, Pinguy OS 14.04, Pinguy OS 12.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Elementary OS 0.2 Luna, Deepin 2014, Peppermint Five, Linux Lite 2.0, LXLE 14.04 and other Ubuntu derivative systems.
Because it is available via PPA, installing Foobnix Music Player 3.0 on Ubuntu and derivative systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the foobnix package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:popsul1993/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install foobnix
Optional, to remove foobnix, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove foobnix