Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Gaupol is a simple and open-source subtitle editing tool, having all the needed features: shortcuts, third party extensions, spell checking and speech recognition.
- Add target in the position shift dialog to shift subtitles from selection to end
- Center tab labels
- Fix mouse use in the cell text editor to not cause losing focus and thus cancelling editing
- Fix bookmarks not being cleared when a file with bookmarks is closed
- Remove buggy text-shadow use from CSS
- Use markdown for documentation files
- Update Spanish translation
In this article I will show you how to install Gaupol on the most popular Linux systems, including Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Pinguy OS, Elementary OS, Deepin, Peppermint, LXLE, Linux Lite, Debian, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE, Mageia, OpenMandriva, Arch Linux and Manjaro.
In order to successfully install Gaupol 0.28 on Linux systems, we have to download the gaupol archive from the project’s website, extract the archive, cd into the extracted folder and run the python installer. Like this:
$ wget http://download.gna.org/gaupol/0.28/gaupol-0.28.tar.xz
$ tar -xJvf gaupol-0.28.tar.xz
$ cd gaupol-0.28
$ sudo python3 setup.py clean install