Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, HomeBank is an open-source, cross-platform management software available for Linux, Mac OS X, Windows and Meego, that enables the users to manage their finances and keep track of their transactions.
The latest version available is HomeBank 5.0.2, which has been recently released, coming with bug-fixes (from the changelog):
- bug-fix: importing CSV files automatically creates 3 new accounts
- bug-fix: date filter From/To fields not working in Trend time and Balance reports
- bug-fix: saving cut file name after a dot
- bug-fix: budget amount is wrong (seems twice)
- bug-fix: calendar widget can’t be dismissed by clicking on the arrow or text entry
In this article I will show you how to install HomeBank 5.0.2 on Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint Five, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2 and other Ubuntu derivative systems.
Because it is available via PPA, installing HomeBank 5.0.2 on Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04 and derivative systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the repository index and install the homebank package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mdoyen/homebank
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install homebank
Optional, to remove homebank, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove homebank