Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Kadu is an open-source instant messenger client written in Qt, having support for popular messaging protocols, like: GaduGadu, XMPP, GTalk, Facebook Messenger.
The latest version available is Kadu 2.1, which has been recently released, coming with the below changes:
- notify: do not mix up New chat and New message notifications
- notify: reduce spacing between notifier configuration widgets
- jabber: replaced libiris with QXmpp
- jabber: application was unresponsive when trying to register new jabber account on jabbim.net
- jabber: show nice message when another clients uses the same resource and server disconnects
In this article I will show you how to install Kadu 2.1 on Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet.
Because it will be soon available via PPA, installing Kadu 2.1 on Ubuntu 15.04 and derivative systems is easy. Just add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the kadu package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mati75/kadu
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install kadu
Optional, to remove kadu, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove kadu