As you may know, LibreOffice is the most popular, open-source Office suite, available by default on some of the most popular Linux systems.
Recently, LibreOffice 5.0.4 has been released, bringing bug-fixes only, including:
- Use the elementary icon set by default GNOME-based Linux distros
- New app icons that you can see in the application launcher.
- Reworked image handling using a new graphic manager
- The notebook bar is significantly improved in LibreOffice 6.1
- Use native GTK3 dialogs on Linux desktops.
- Improvements to Excel 2003 XML import
- DOCX export/import
- And many other new featurese and improvements
In order to install the latest version available of LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttle, Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver, Linux Mint, Elementary OS and other Ubuntu derivative systems, you need to add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the libreoffice package:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install libreoffice
Optional, to remove libreoffice, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove libreoffice