The latest version available is MKVToolNix 7.6, which has been recently released, coming with the below fixes:
- all programs: bug fix: Since release 7.0.0 the wrong exit code was used when warnings were finished (0 instead of 1).
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Appending chapters with the same chapter UID was dropping all sub-chapters from the one of the two merged chapters. Now the sub-chapters are merged recursively as well.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The wrong Codec ID was written when reading PCM tracks from Matroska files in Big Endian byte order.
- all: new feature: added a Serbian (Latin) translation of the programs by Danko (see AUTHORS).
- mkvmerge: bug fix: If splitting was active and AC3 tracks read from Matroska files were shorter than a split point then the following output file would contain an AC3 packet with the timecode of 00:00:00 somewhere in the middle.
- mmg: bug fix: If a chapter track from a Matroska file is selected then the Â»languageÂ« drop-down box is disabled.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: On Windows the end-of-file-reached status wasn’t tracked correctly for certain file operations. This could manifest in e.g. mkvmerge not finding tracks in MPEG transport streams when probing MPLS playlist files.
- mmg: bug fix: When scanning for play lists the window presenting the results listed some properties in an unescaped way (e.g. Â»\sÂ« instead of spaces).
- mmg: bug fix: When adding MPLS files mmg was only offering to scan for more playlists if there were at least two additional MPLS files present. This has been fixed to one MPLS file (in addition to the one just added).
In this article I will show you how to install MKVToolNix 7.6 on Fedora 21 and Fedora 20 systems.
Because it is available via the RPMFusion repository, installing MKVToolNix 7.6 on the latest Fedora systems is easy. All you have to do is add the repository to your system and install the mkvtoolnix and mkvtoolnix-gui packages. Like this:
$ su -c 'yum localinstall --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm'
$ sudo yum update
$ sudo yum install mkvtoonix mkvtoolnix-gui