Edit: Due to the fact that this article is old, the installation instructions may not work anymore. In order to successfully install the latest version of Valentina, please access the valentina tag and open the latest article (the one on top).
Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Valentina is an open-source software for creating clothing articles. Among others, it allows the users to create cloth patterns using either standard sizes or custom set of measurements, using traditional methods to create unique pattern tools.
The latest version available is Valentina 0.3.1, which has been recently released, coming with the below changes:
- Regression. Union tool doesn’t work.
- For tool Curve intersect axis fixed wrong calculation point in case with too small scene rect size.
- Fixed crash if a seam allowance doesn’t contain 0 points.
- Error in the creation of obj files.
- QMuParser. Bugfix for Bulkmode: Expressions with like “a=b, b*10” did not compute properly.
- QMuParser. Fix for ParserTokenReader::ExtractOperatorToken incorrectly uses ValidInfixOprtChars().
- Example of file name in dialog Save Layout appears only after user change format.
- Fixed regression with removing loops in seam allowance.
- Removed transparent field for a layout png file.
In this article I will show you how to install Valentina 0.3.1 on Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint Five, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2 and other Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10 and Ubuntu 14.04 derivative systems.
Because it is available via PPA, installing Valentina 0.3.1 on Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04 and derivative systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the valentina package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dismine/valentina
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install valentina
Optional, to remove valentina, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove valentina