Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Wallpaper Manager is a lightweight and simple to use wallpaper changer, compatible with the following desktop environments: Unity, Gnome Shell, Gnome Classic and Cinnamon.
Main Features of Wallpaper Manager:
- Change wallpaper
- Previous image, Next image
- Favorites: Save, Put, List, viewer, Xml, Remove, Edit list, By date
- Categories: Save, Put, List, viewer, Xml, Remove, Edit list, By date, My personal tags
- History: List , Viewer, Edit list, Data by date
- Special image: Save, Put, List, Remove
- Notify current image
- Slideshows: Slideshows of categories, Slideshows of favorites, Slideshows of current, Open a Slideshows folder
- Display Mode: Zoom, Centered, Scaled, Wallpaper, Stretched
- All files: Put of All images, View All images, Xml of All images, Put on grub2, Open image…, Open folder to xml, Same folder image, In this folder previous, In this folder next, Same folder xml, Same directory image, Save, or use folders, Video Wallpaper, Nasa wallpaper, Google search by image, Current image of the planet, Image from NatGeo, Image from google by terms
- Color background: Pic color background, Natural color background, Only color background, Save to Colors, Colors list, Edit colors list, Save secondary, Pic secondary, Secondary=vertical, Secondary=horizontal, Secondary=solid
- Image edit: Invert colors, Black and white, Write the picture, Rotate clock, Rotate anti clock, Rotate invert
- Xscreensaver: Deactivate screensaver, Start screensaver, Activate screensaver, screensaver next, screensaver prev, Pic screensaver, Save on Favorites, List Favorites, Preferences
It rotates the wallpapers from the /home/user/Pictures. The latest version available is Wallpaper Manager 220.127.116.11, which has been released a few hours ago. For more information, see the changelog.
In thisa article I will show you how to install Wallpaper Manager 18.104.22.168 on Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Linux Mint 13 Maya, Pinguy OS 14.04, LXLE 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Elementary OS 0.2 Luna, Peppermint Five, Deepin 2014, Linux Lite 2.0 and other Ubuntu derivative systems.
Because it is available via PPA, installing Wallpaper Manager 22.214.171.124 on the listed Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Pinguy OS, LXLE, Elementary OS, Deepin, Linux Lite and Peppermint systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the wallpaper-manager package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:baitsart/wallpaper-manager
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install wallpaper-manager
To start wallpaper-manager, type wallpaper-manager in your terminal.
Optional, to remove wallpaper-manager, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove wallpaper-manager