As you may already know, Calibre is an open-source book management software, with many interesting features including e-book conversion, e-book viewer, library to ebook reader synchronization and support for the most popular eBook formats, including: epub, cbz, mobi, fb2. Being multi-platform, the app works on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
- Allow creation of rules to convert arbitrary identifiers into clickable links in the book details panel (Prefrences->Look & Feel->Book details)
- Tag mapper: A new rule type ‘split’ allows you to easily split tags on a character
- Make the shutting down message an overlay so it is less disruptive
- Allow right clicking on Virtual Library tabs to edit/delete the virtual library.
- Tag mapper: Add a button to edit the list of tags in a tag mapper rule using the tag editor dialog.
- Conversion: Fix the obsolete HTML align=center markup (produced by Microsoft Word) not working for tables.
- Font subsetting: When font-variant: small-caps is used include the capital letters as well, in case either the font or the renderer do not support OpenType smcp.
- Font subsetting: Implement support for text-transform.
- Fix the target book entry in the book list not being refreshed after merging books. Only matters if you have a column based on book formats.
- E-book viewer: Fix a link that has some text along with a superscript/subscript being incorrectly detected as a footnote link
- Fix device detection on windows failing if the registry entries for the device contain a very long item.
- Edit Book: Fix an extra colon being added when setting the ‘notes’ semantic
- Ensure that author folder names are never windows reserved names
- E-book viewer: When displaying an EPUB 3 document that uses epub:switch to provide a fallback for MathML content, prevent both the MathML and fallback from being shown together.
- PDF Output: When displaying an EPUB 3 document that uses epub:switch to provide a fallback for MathML content, prevent both the MathML and fallback from being rendered together.
- Fix exception in custom column preferences when the column lookup key is changed
Catalog generation: Do not crash is a book in the library has no uuid.
Up to date packages are available via some third party PPA, so installing the software on Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf systems is easy.
All you need to do is add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the calibre package:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/programs-ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install calibre
Optional, to remove calibre, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove calibre