As you may know, Claws Mail is an email client and news reader, written in GTK+. It has a simple and intuitive interface, allowing the user to manage their mails easily.
The latest version available is Claws Mail 3.12 which has been recently released, bringing the below changes:
- New plugin: ManageSieve. Manage sieve filters on a server using the ManageSieve protocol.
Filtering/Processing: increase range for age matcher condition.
- Filtering/Processing: ‘mark_as_spam’ now only marks as spam, it does not do an additional move.
- Compose window: From line gets its own label with mnemonic.
- Compose window: more intuitive right-click behaviour in attachments list.
- QuickSearch: ‘Cc’ added to the mixed search: From/To/Cc/Subject/Tag.
- Folder list: Added ‘Mark all read recursively’ to context menu.
- Support for Mac-cyrillic encoding.
- IMAP: Support for SCRAM-SHA-1 authentication mechanism.
- PGP plugins: Display validity of signatures
- Bogofilter plugin: 3rd spam handling option, ‘Only mark as spam’.
- RSSyl plugin: Per-feed support for HTTP basic auth.
- GData plugin: minimum requirement: libgdata 0.17.1
- Several layout improvements to preferences pages.
- Updated user manual.
- Updated man page.
And 35 bug-fixes. For more information about this release, see the official announcement.
Up to date packages are not available via some repository or PPA. So we have to install the application from sources.
The below instructions should work on Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Pinguy OS, Elementary OS, Deepin, Peppermint, LXLE, Linux Lite, Debian, SparkyLinux, Robolinux and other Ubuntu or Debian derivative systems.
$ apt-get install build-essential gtk+-2.0 libcurl4-gnutls-dev
$ wget https://github.com/dinhviethoa/libetpan/archive/master.zip
$ unzip master.zip
$ cd libetpan-master
$ sudo make install
Install Claws Mail 3.11:
$ wget http://fossies.org/linux/misc/claws-mail-3.12.0.tar.gz
$ cd claws-mail-3.12.0
$ sudo make install
To start the email client, type claws-email in your Unity Dash or your desktop environment’s menu.