Cutegram is an open-source Telegram application, similar to Sigram. It is developed in Qt5 and QML and uses the libqtelegram and the libappindicator libraries.
Like other Telegram clients for Linux, it has support for Emoji, allows the users to send data by dragging it in the message window and gets integrated with the system notifications.
The latest version available is Cutegram 2.7.1, which has been released a while ago, coming with the below changes:
- Fix the map bugs, rendered blurry
- Add emojione to the emojis
- Improve window border on the OSX
- Fix mute/unmute problem
- Fix link and tag highlighter problems
- Many improve on the libqtelegram-ae and TelegramQML libraries
- Many other improvements and Bugfixes
- It’s the last release of the Cutegram 2.x. We’re working on the Cutegram 3.x series with many new features and improvements.
The developers have created a PPA, so that the users can easily install Cutegram on their systems and keep it up to date.
The below instructions should work on the latest Ubuntu systems and derivatives: Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17.x, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint Five, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:aseman/desktop-apps
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install cutegram
If you not happy with cutegram and want to remove it, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove cutegram