Edit: Due to the fact that this article is old, the installation instructions may not work anymore. In order to successfully install the latest version of Deluge, please access the deluge tag and open the latest article (the one on top).
As you may know, Deluge is an open-source, multi-platform, multi-interface (GTK+, web and command-line) BitTorrent client based on libtorrent-rasterbar. The Deluge daemon can run on headless machines with the user-interfaces being able to connect remotely.
The latest version available is Deluge 1.3.13, coming with the below changes:
- Increase RSA key size from 1024 to 2048 and use SHA256 digest.
- Fixed empty error message from certain trackers.
- Fixed torrent ending up displaying the wrong state.
- #1032: Force a torrent into Error state if the resume data is rejected.
- Workaround unwanted tracker announce when force rechecking paused torrent.
- #2703: Stop moving torrent files if target files exist to prevent unintended clobbering of data.
- #1330: Fixed the pausing and resuming of the Deluge session so torrents return to previous state.
- #2765: Add support for TLS SNI in httpdownloader.
- #2790: Ensure base32 magnet hash is uppercase to fix lowercase magnets uris.
- New command-line option to restict selected config key to read-only.
- Allow use of uppercase log level to match UIs.
- #2832: Fixed error with blank lines in auth file.
- Fixed installing plugin from a non-ascii directory.
- Error’d torrents no longer display a progress percentage.
- #2753: Fixed the ‘Added’ column showing the wrong date.
- #2435: Prevent the user from changing tracker selection when editing trackers.
- Fixed showing the wrong connected status with hostname in the Connection Manager.
- #2754: Fixed the progress column to sort by progress and state correctly.
- #2696: Fixed incorrect Move Completed folder shown in Options tab.
- #2783: Sorting for name column is now case insensitive.
- #2795: Reduce height of Add Torrent Dialog to help with smaller screeen resoltuions.
- #2855: Fixed adding UDP trackers to trackers dialog.
- #2782: Fixed HTTPS negotiating incorrect cipher.
- #2485: Fixed the broken Options context menu.
- #2705: Fixed the hostlist config file not being created.
- #2293: Fixed plugin’s js code not loading when using the WebUI plugin.
- Fixed adding non-ascii torrent in non-interactive mode.
- #2796: Add time_added to info sort keys.
- Source .py files no longer included in Deluge.app.
- #2777: Updated MSVC SP1 check to latest release CLID.
- #2729: Fixed plugin lockup with empty url.
- Fixed corrupt plugin prefences page on OSX.
- Fixed error accidentally introduced in 1.3.12.
- #2402: Fixed the popup to show the actual count of files finished.
- #2857: Fixed issue with SMTP port entry not updating in GTKUI.
- Fixed watch dir not accepting uppercase file extension.
- Ignore the remaining rar part files to prevent spawning useless processes.
- #2785: Fixed only an empty folder when extracting rar files.
Up to date packages are available via some third party PPA, so installing Deluge on Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak, Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 18, Linux Mint 17.x, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya and other Ubuntu derivative systems.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:deluge-team/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install deluge
Also, if you want to install the web UI, you have to install the deluge-web and deluged packages:
$ sudo apt-get install deluge-web deluged
Optional, to remove the installed packages, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove deluge