As you may know, OpenLP is an open-source worship presentation software, allowing the users to project bible chapters, media files and presentation documents.
Among others, it has features for managing songs in databases, importing PowerPoint or LibreOffice presentations, search bibles by scripture reference or phrase, has support for video playback and stop/pause/volume control and remote control of OpenLP via smartphone.
The latest version available is OpenLP 2.3.2, which has been released a while ago, bringing the below changes:
- Removed unnecessary ‘?’ help buttons, and fixed the remaining ones
- Double verses at end of song now show correctly on stageview
- Ctrl-F selects all text in the search field
- Verse order can now be either upper or lower case (e.g. “v1 v2 v3” or “V1 V2 V3”)
- Songbooks now support multiple songbook entries
- Fixed various issues with song importers
In order to successfully install OpenLP on Ubuntu systems, you have to add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the openlp package:
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:openlp-core/release
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install openlp
After the installation has been successfully done, open the app and follow the graphical instructions from the “First Time Wizard”.
Optional, to remove openlp, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove openlp
The installation instructions should work on Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17.x, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya and other Ubuntu derivative systems.