As you may know, Rawtherapee is an open-source image processing software (similar to Adobe Lightroom), written in C++ and using GTK+ as frontend.
The latest version available is RawTherapee 4.2, which brings a big list of changes.
- RawTherapee-4.2 includes many speed, precision, stability and memory usage optimizations. As such, users of 32-bit operating systems may now find that they can enjoy more stability while using the most memory intensive tools. Of course users of 64-bit systems benefit from this as well. Refer to the full changelog for more information.
- Powerful color toning tool.
- Curve control of luminance noise reduction.
- Median filter in the noise reduction tool.
- Film simulation tool using Hald CLUT pattern files.
- Command-line option to define bit depth of output TIFF/PNG file.
- Multiple improvements to dead/hot pixel handling, see RawPedia.
- Filename of currently opened image shown in the titlebar.
- Clip control for the flat-field correction tool.
- Demosaic method “Mono” for monochrome cameras, and “None” for no demosaicing.
- Copy/paste processing profile keyboard shortcuts for right-handed users using Ctrl/Shift-Insert.
- Update to dcraw 9.22 1.467
Also, better support for the following cameras has been introduced: Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS 7D Mark II, Canon PowerShot G7 X, Canon PowerShot SX60 HS, Fujifilm cameras using the X-Trans sensor, Fujifilm X30, Hasselblad H4D-31, Hasselblad H4D-50, Hasselblad H4D-60, Hasselblad H5D-40, Hasselblad H5D-50c, Mamiya Leaf Credo 40, Mamiya Leaf Credo 50, Mamiya Leaf Credo 60, Mamiya Leaf Credo 80, Monochrome cameras such as Leica Monochrome, Nikon D610, Nikon D700, Nikon D750, Nikon D800E, Nikon D810, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000, Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5, Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100, Phase One IQ250, Phase One P40, Phase One P65+, Sony Alpha ILCE-5100 and Sony NEX-C3.
Up to date packages are available via some third party PPA, so installing the software on Ubuntu systems is easy. All you have to do is add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the rawtherapee package:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install rawtherapee
Optional, to remove rawtherapee, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove rawtherapee
The installation instructions should work on Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17.x, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya and other Ubuntu derivative systems.