As you may know, Sigil is an open-source, multi-platform, lightweight, EPUB reader. Most important features: support for UTF-16, regular expression find and replace support, support for importing EPUB and HTML files, WYSIWYG editing feature in Book View, control over editing EPUB syntax in Code View, table of contents generator, spell checking with either default or user configured dictionaries.
The latest version available is Sigil 0.9.8, which has been released a while ago, coming with the below changes:
- PyQt5 support for plugins.
- New preferences menu to adjust the size of Sigil’s main icons to your liking.
- An important fix for temp_folder issues on Windows
- Add manifest properties to Book Browser tooltips and to All Files Reports Widget for epub3
- Make Sigil’s UI and spellchecker language settings available to plugins
In order to successfully install Sigil on Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak, Linux Mint 18.x, Linux Mint 17.x, you have to add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the sigil package:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/sigil
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install sigil
Optinal, to remove sigil, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove sigil