Hello Linux Geeksters. Kwheezy is a Debian Wheezy derivates, optimized to use the KDE desktop environment. KWheezy 1.3 has been recently released, bringing features and improvements.
From the official changelog:
- Updated to Debian 7.2
- Added GPT partitioning support to the installer (requires BIOS/Legacy boot).
- A new post-installation wizard adds polish. Hopefully the need to add a regular user account will be clearer.
- A few redundant (duplicate functionality) applications have been removed.
- The administrator account has UID/GID changed to 999, so the first real user will be 1000. Thus, more compatable with other distro’s.
- The menu has been tidied up, so it should be easier to browse.
- Kwheezy Keyboard Selector now has a textbox for testing the new configuration.
- Some other minor tweaks and polish.
If you already have KWheezy 1.2 installed, this is how you upgrade to KWheezy 1.3:
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade
Download 32 bit Kwheezy 1.3
Download 64 bit Kwheezy 1.3