Hello Minecraft Geeksters. Minecraft 1.6 will be released on the 1st of July (tomorrow). Until it will be officially available, the fans can play a pre-release of Minecraft 1.6.
According to the changelog, new horses will be added in the game:
- Added Horses
- Added Donkeys, Mules
- Added Horse Armor
- Added Leads
- Added Carpets
- Added Hardened Clay, Stained Clay
- Added Block of Coal
- Added Name Tags (item)
- Added Hay Bales
- Texture packs are now “resource packs”
- Food meter is now drained when healed by full food meter
- Removed Herobrine
Just download the Minecraft jar file and execute it. For running Minecraft, you need to have java already installed. You can either install Oracle Java or OpenJDK.
- Instructions for installing Oracle Java 7 on Ubuntu / Linux Mint.
- Instructions for installing OpenJDK 7 on Ubuntu / Linux Mint.
Instructions for installing Minecraft 1.6 on Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander, Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail, Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, Linux Mint 16 Petra, Linux Mint 15 Olivia, Linux Mint 14 Nadia, Linux Mint 13 Maya, Debian Jessie, Debian Sid, Debian Wheezy and Debian Squeeze:
$ wget -c https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/Minecraft.jar
$ java -jar Minecraft.jar