Oracle Java 7 Update 25 Has Been Released
Oracle has released the 25 Oracle Java 7 Update (7U25), which comes with more than 40 security updates and bugfixes. As you may know, Oracle Java has nothing to do with OpenJDK.
Updating the Oracle Java 7 from your system is easy, because the webupd8 team has added it in their PPA. So, all you have to do is:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-installer
- Will Canonical Use Mir As The Default Display Server On Ubuntu 14.04 LTS?
- Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr Will Be Released With OpenJDK 7 And Tomcat 7 As Default, Afterall
- How To Install Oracle Java 7 Update 51 (7u51) On Ubuntu 13.10, 13.04, 12.10, 12.04, 10.04, Linux Mint 16, 15, 14, 13, Pear OS 8, 7 And Elementary OS 0.2
- Future Debian Systems May Support PPAs
- Linux Mint Debian Edition 2 (LMDE) Betsy Will Catch Up With The Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Features Soon