Hello Jolla and Sailfish OS Enthusiasts. Due to the fact that Sailfish OS does not have a native Twitter client, the Jolla engineers are porting Tweetian, Nokia’s good old Twitter client for Symbian.
The latest version available is Tweetian 2.0, which has been recently released, coming with the following features and enhancements:
- Changed to use own version number 2.x.x for sailfish-port
- Changed localStorage to match the location in Jolla store version’s location
- Changed settings to single page
- Changed User information and Trend & Search pages to main level tabs
- Added context menu (long tap) for tweet lists
- Added image for cover’s background
- Added refresh for search results
- Added menu item for user profile in DM thread
- Added user search to search results
- Added support for changing area of trends
- Fixed layout of sign-in page
- Fixed various binding loops
- Fixed busyindicator size for tab panel
- Fixed list info page layout and subpages
Because it is available via OpenRepos.net, installing Tweetian can be done via either Warehouse or by downloading the Tweetian rpm package and installing it directly from the file manager, by double-clicking the package. Tweetian 2.0.
For those who don’t know yet, Jolla is a project developed by former Nokia employees. The first Jolla smartphone is running on Sailfish OS, a modified Megoo Linux system, which is Android compatible, uses Wayland as the default display server , uses Nokia N9′s Maliit touchscreen keyboard and comes with interchangeable covers, allowing the users to easily switch them, in order to change the color/model of the phone and comes with impressive hardware specifications.
While apps with native Sailfish OS support can be installed via the Jolla Store and OpenRepos.net, Android apps can be installed via the same Jolla Store, or via F-Droid, Yandex Store, Amazon App Store, Aptoide and 1Mobile Android Market.