Canonical is working hard in order to release Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander on the 27th of October. And they want to make Unity work the same on both Ubuntu Saucy and Ubuntu Touch.
Among other changes, they have finally finished the work at Unity Smart Scopes for Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander.
This is the full list of improvements, from the official announcement:
- 13.04 scopes finally landed in Saucy
- Fighting integration issues and bugfixing to get it working on the phone
- Started merging app demo scope of the phone and desktop app scope
- Prepared scopes infrastructure to be able to run multiple scopes within one process
- Finished sound widgets
- Prepared MPs for datetime, session and power indicator
- HUD fixes for updated BAMF and GMenu based unity-gtk-module along with other landings (13 branches)
- Discussions with Unity team on HUD requirements for their BAMF-like API
- Fixed BAMF depends so that we can have one HUD build for both Unity 7 and 8
- Setup upstart-app-launch in Jenkins, queued for review from desktop team