Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Debian 8.0 “Jessie” Installer RC 3 has been released today, the stable version being scheduled for release on the 25th of April, 2015.
It adds the below changes, to the previous RC:
- apt-setup: Stop enabling backports by default
- clock-setup: Disable e2fsck superblock time check if RTC is set to local time
choose-mirror: Refresh mirrors list (now includes httpredir.debian.org as an
official replacement of http.debian.net).
- debian-installer: Restore shortcuts (install, installspk, expert, menu, etc.) on
- flash-kernel: Bump u-boot-tools to Recommends, so that network connectivity is
no longer needed during hd-media installs on several armel, armhf, and arm64 platforms
- hw-detect: Improve missing firmware detection to avoid false positives once firmwares have been loaded
- netcfg: Fix hang with DHCPv6 stateful addressing
- partman-target: Don’t add any extra USB devices to /etc/fstab
- systemd: Avoid duplicate entries in 70-persistent-net.rules
As a reminder, Debian 8.0 Jessie is the first Debian system to replace the sysVinit event manager with Red Hat’s systemd.