FLAC, also known as Free Lossless Audio Codes has just received an update, after six years of hard work.
Features of FLAC 1.3.0, from softpedia:
- The development has been moved to the Xiph.org git repository;
- The –sector-align option of flac has been deprecated;
- Support has been added for the RF64 and Wave64 formats in flac;
- The handling of cuesheets with non-CD-DA sample rates has been improved;
- The error message that is provided when the user attempts to decode a non-FLAC file has been improved;
- Support has been added 56kHz to 192kHz gain analysis.
To benefit from the new FLAC features, do this on your Linux Operating System:
$ wget -c downloads.xiph.org/releases/flac/flac-1.3.0.tar.xz
$ tar -Jxvf flac-1.3.0.tar.xz
$ cd flac-1.3.0
$ sudo make install
$ sudo make clean