Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Firefox OS is a new Linux based mobile operating system, built by using the new HTML5 technology by the Mozilla developers. For now, it is used as default on smartphones with modest hardware specs, developed by LG, ZTE, Alcatel and Geeksphone.
If you want to test Firefox OS but you don’t have a phone running it, you can install the Firefox OS simulator.
Starting with today, the Flame smartphone, a Firefox OS reference model phone, has been made available for ordering, on EverBuying.com, for only 170$. The device will provide a good testing environment for the HTML5 and Firefox OS d., so that the developers have
Hardware specs of the Flame smartphone:
- 4.5” screen (FWVGA 854×480 pixels)
- 1.2GHZ Dual-Core Qualcomm MSM8210 Snapdragon Processor
- 2 camerasL 5mpx rear camera and 2mpx front camera
- 256MB – 1GB of RAM memory
- 8GB of internal memory
- A-GPS, NFC
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, Micro USB
- 1800 mAh battery capacity