Hello Linux Geeksters. FrostWire 5.6.1 has been released and comes with a few improvements.
As you may know, FrostWire is an open-source BitTorrent client, working on Linux, Windows and Mac. It has been released as a fork for LimeWire, but the developers added also BitTorrent support.
In this article I will show you how to install FrostWire 5.6.1 on Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander, Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail, Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, Linux Mint 15 Olivia, Linux Mint 14 Nadia and Linux Mint 13 Maya.
This is the full list the new things brought to FrostWire 5.6.1:
- Close search tabs with Ctrl/Cmd + ‘w’
- Switch search tabs with Ctrl+Tab, Ctrl+Shift+Tab
- Switch search tabs with Cmd+Shift+[, Cmd+Shift+]
- Search engines can be disabled in global options.
- Improved and optimized table rendering for search results and library files
- Refreshed presentation of search results
- Fixed issue related to smart search configuration
To install FrostWire 5.6.1 on Ubuntu and Linux Mint, just do:
$ wget -c wget -c http://dl.frostwire.com/frostwire/5.6.1/frostwire-5.6.1.all.deb
$ sudo dpkg -i frostwire-5.6.1.all.deb
$ sudo apt-get install -f