How To Extract XZ Archives In Linux With Tar
Hello Linux Geeksters.
As you may know, the XZ archives became very popular on Linux and Unix systems, because of the good compression rate. In this article I will show you how to extract XZ archives on Linux Systems.
I have mentioned GNU Tar, because it is also the BSD Tar.
With GNU Tar 1.26:
$ tar --version | head -1
tar (GNU tar) 1.26
tar -xJf file.xz is used for uncompressing XZ archives:
$ tar -xJf linux-3.10-rc3.tar.xz
- How To Install Nvidia 325.08 Beta Drivers On Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian, Fedora And OpenSUSE
- Chrome 48 (48.0.2564.23) Beta Has Been Released
- How to Install TrueCrypt on Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian, Fedora and OpenSUSE
- How To Install FileZilla 3.7.4 On Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE, Mageia And OpenMandriva
- How to Play Tetris Directly From the Terminal, on Linux Systems