The latest version available is Atom 0.187.0, which has been released a while ago, coming with the below changes:
- More package-related UI improvements have been made to the Settings view
- Markdown Preview now includes CSS when saving HTML
- Notifications are now shown when a package fails to load or activate
- Speed up selectAll on a buffer with many folds
- Opens the initial untitled editor behind the welcome panes, correctly revealing the welcome guides for people running Atom for the very first time.
In this article I will show you how to install Atom 0.187.0 on Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Linux Mint 13 Maya, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Elementary OS 0.2 Luna, Peppermint Five, Deepin 2014, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2 and other Ubuntu derivative systems.
Because it is available via PPA, installing Atom 0.187.0 on Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04 and derivative systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the atom package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/atom
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install atom
Optional, to remove atom, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove atom