Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Calligra Suite is an office suite similar to the LibreOffice or OpenOffice suites, being available on Kubuntu and other KDE-based Linux systems. The Calligra suite contains the following apps: Words, Stage, Sheets, Flow, and Kexi (office apps), Krita and Karbon (graphics manipulation) and Plan (project management).
The latest version available is Calligre Suite 2.9.2, which has been recently released, coming with fixes and changes for all its components.
- Here is an overview of the most important fixes. There are several others that may be not mentioned here.
- Re-enable Review and References features that were disabled by mistake
- Fix crash after showing “Insert Bibliography” second time
- Fix bug “Can’t change footnotes style”
- Do not crash when reducing number of columns on page
- Do not crash after selecting more than one table and pressing Ctrl+C
- Fix error when configuring Calligra
- Make combo-boxes in table and form views show just one column
- Fix displaying records in data aware combo boxes
- Fix crash when removing elements in the object tree
- Don’t show the zoom level on-canvas message while loadidng
- Fix initialization of the multi-brush axis
- Add some more kickstarter backers to the about box
- Fix memory leak when loading presets (and a bunch more memory leaks)
- Fix crashes related to progress reporting when running a g’mic action
- Add a toggle button to hide/show the filter selection tree in the filter dialog
- Fix a focus bug that made it hard to edit e.g. layer names when activating the editor in the docker with a tablet stylus
- Fix geometry of the toolbox on startup in some cases
- Fix lock proportions in the free transform tool when locking aspect ratio
- Add an option to hide the docker titlebars
- Update the resource manager lists after loading a resource bundle
- Make the resource manager look for bundles by default
- Make the eraser end of the stylus erase by default
- Make krita remember the presets chosen for each stylus and stylus end
- Make Krita start faster by only loading images for the references docker when the references docker is visible
- Fix a crash in the g’mic docker when there’s no preview widget selected
- On switching images, show the selected layer in the layer box, not the bottom one
- Show the selected monitor profile in the color management settings page instead of the default one
- Make the Image Split dialog select the right export file type.
- Fix saving and loading masks for file layers
- Make the default MDI background darker
- Fix loading some older .kra files that contained an image name with a number after a /
- Don’t crash if the linux colord colormanager cannot find a color-managed output device
- Clean the code following a number of PVS studio code analyzer warnings
- Add tooltips to the presets in the popup palette
- Fix a problem where brush presets in the popup palette were sometimes misaligned
It is advised to install Calligra Office Suite 2.9.2 on systems using KDE , because it depends on many kde libraries that will be installed on your system, if they are not already.
In this article I will show you how to install Calligra Office Suite 2.9.2 on Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn.
Because it is available via Kubuntu Backports PPA, installing Calligra Suite 2.9.2 on the listed Ubuntu 14.10 and derivative systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the calligra package.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install calligra
To uninstall Calligra Suite 2.9.2 and remove the recently added ppa, do:
$ sudo apt-add-repository --remove ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get remove calligra
Leave a Reply