Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Cutegram is an open-source Telegram application, similar to Sigram. It is developed in Qt5 and QML and uses the libqtelegram and the libappindicator libraries.
Like other Telegram clients for Linux, it has support for Emoji, allows the users to send data by dragging it in the message window and gets integrated with the system notifications.
The latest version available is Cutegram 2.2.0, which has been released a while ago, coming with the below changes:
- Smart scroll bar for dialog list
- Username and Hashtag suggestion
- Update translations and add Portuguese (Portugal), Spanish and Chinese (Taiwan) translations.
- Master color enabled again.
- Search selected text on the web.
- Custom notifications for contact lists.
- Speed improvement
- Bugfix on ubuntu packaging.
- Video thumbnail bugfix on Windows and Mac
- Many other improvements and Bug fixes
In this article I will show you how to install Cutegram 2.2.0 on Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint Five, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2 and other Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10 and Ubuntu 14.04 derivative systems.
Because it is available via PPA, installing Cutegram 2.2.0 on Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04 and derivative systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the cutegram package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:aseman/desktop-apps
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install cutegram
Optional, to remove cutegram, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove cutegram