Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Dust Racing 2D is an open-source, multi-platform racing game, inspired by Slicks’ n Slide and Super Cars.
The game can be played in multiplayer mode, having split-screen (horizontal or vertical) support, or the players can race with the AI.
The latest version available is Dust Racing 2D 1.11.0, which has been released an hour ago, coming with the below changes:
- Show a red overlay on hard crashes.
- Fix unit tests.
- Own layer for damage smoke.
- Remove misleading comments.
- Eliminate copy-paste.
- Editor: Fix wrong scale when track given as a CLI argument.
- Add body damage system.
- Stabilize the steering a bit.
- Make difficulty setting affect game speed.
- Add difficulty selection.
- Refactor settingsmenu.hpp
- Refactor steering logic.
- Editor: Don’t try to open a track if filename is empty.
- Use same renderer for all particle batches.
- Sparkles as surface particles.
- Remove alpha blending from the plant object.
- Add screenshots of 1.10.0
- Sort particles in place.
- Update web/index.html
In this article I will show you how to install Dust Racing 2D 1.11.0 on Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint Five, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2 and other Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10 and Ubuntu 14.04 derivative systems.
Because it is available via PPA, installing Dust Racing 2D 1.11.0 on Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04 and derivative systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the dustrac package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jussi-lind/dustrac
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install dustrac
Optional, to remove dustrac, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove dustrac