Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Dust Racing 2D is an open-source, multi-platform racing game, inspired by Slicks’ n Slide and Super Cars.
The game can be played in multiplayer mode, having split-screen (horizontal or vertical) support, or the players can race with the AI.
The latest version available is Dust Racing 2D 1.9.2, which has been released an hour ago, coming with the below changes:
- Fix rendering of the windowed mode.
- Fix rendering in other than native resolutions.
- Take maximum supported texture size into account.
- Remove unused code.
- Remove commented code.
- QGLFramebufferObject => QOpenGLFramebufferObject.
- Add camera location support to MCGLShaderProgram.
- Simplify FBO shading.
- CMake: Check for polices before setting.
- Fix some MSVC compilation warnings.
- Improve documentaton in mcglscene.hh
- Add getters for eyeZ and viewAngle.
In this article I will show you how to install Dust Racing 2D 1.9.2 on Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint Five, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2 and other Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10 and Ubuntu 14.04 derivative systems.
Because it is available via PPA, installing Dust Racing 2D 1.9.2 on Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04 and derivative systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the dustrac package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jussi-lind/dustrac
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install dustrac