Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Geary is a lightweight email client, written in Vala, built for the Gnome desktop. It is also the default mail client on Elementary OS 0.2 Luna. The latest version available is Geary 0.4.1, which has been released a while ago.
Changes brought by Geary 0.4.1 (from here):
- Compile-time support for WebKitGTK 2.2
- Fixes IMAP STARTTLS failure to connect bug
- Works around LIST bug in IceWarp IMAP servers (crasher)
- Solves crash when IMAP connect fails due to timeout
- CamelCased MIME types now handled properly (prevents blank emails)
- Adds missing RTL icons
- New translations
In this article I will show you how to install Geary 0.4.1 on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail, Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal, Linux Mint 15 Olivia, Linux Mint 14 Nadia, Pear OS 8 and Pear OS 7.
Because it is available via PPA, installing Geary on the listed Ubuntu, Linux Mint and Pear OS systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the geary package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install geary