Hello Linux Geeksters. Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, MythTV is an digital video recorder application. It is ideal for watching and recording television programs and has many plugins that can increase Myth-TV’s power.
The latest version available is MythTV 0.27.4, which has been released a while ago, coming with a huge list of changes:
- avcodec/dirac_arith: Fix build with PIC and stack-check options
- avcodec/utvideodec: Increase vlc len
- Revert two backports to release/1.2 that broke fate.
- Show duration for large asf files as written in the file header.
- Ignore IPv6 settings value if itâs invalid
- Donât attempt to play the video streams for mp3, flac, off and m4a container.
- Properly allocate VDPAU PiP video buffers and fix memory leak
- Fix memory leak
- Audio: Abort Drain if audio device is in pause
- bump FFmpeg to 1.2.7
- Fix PiP when using OpenGL output
- Ignore DMG mounted image
- Mythmedatalookup: set PYTHONPATH so mythmedatalookup can be started on its own
- Make sure to pass season and episode to tv grabber.
- Use myth coding style
- Mythmetadatalookup: Make sure we follow the exact same logic as we had prior e82754a7041d3988a8361535460d12a47742c65b
- Mythmetadata: Simplify code with a GetGrabber utility member
- Do not wait too quickly when reaching EOF
- Revert “Player: Increase OpenFile timeout to allow playing encrypted isos on a remote FE”
- Player: Increase OpenFile timeout to allow playing isos/DVD on a remote FE
- Revert “Fix 0b9470c Fix fileringbuffer locking…”
For a full list of changes, see the release notes yourself.
In this article I will show you how to install MythTV 0.27.4 on Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Linux Mint 13 Maya, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Elementary OS 0.2 Luna, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2.0, Peppermint Five, Deepin 2014 and other Ubuntu derivative systems.
Because it is available via PPA, installing Myth-TV 0.27.4 on the listed Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Pinguy OS, LXLE, Linux Lite, Elementary OS, Peppermint Five and Deepin systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the mythtv package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.27
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install mythtv
Before the installation is finished, you will be prompted to insert a root password for the MySQL database twice.
Optional, to remove mythtv, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove mythtv