qBittorrent is a torrent client, similar to µTorrent, which was recently ported to the Linux systems. Among others, qBittorrent has built-in search engine for searching in the popular BitTorrent sites, has torrent queueing and prioritizing features, has IP Filtering options, provides a tool for creating torrents and bandwidth limitations.
The latest version available is qBittorrent 4.1.4, which has been released, bringing the below changes:
- Recognize *.ts files as previewable
- Allow to disable speed graphs
- Clear LineEdit on ESC
- Fix divide-by-zero crash
- Remove speed limit checkbox in Options dialog
- Fix speed graph “high speeds” bug
- BUGFIX: Don’t update torrent status unnecessarily
- BUGFIX: Improve force recheck of paused torrent
- Restore torrent in two steps
- Improve scaling of speed graphs
- Add isNetworkFileSystem() detection on Windows. This allows network mounts to be monitored correctly by polling timer.
- Reduce horizontal graphs resolution. Improves perfomance.
- Add SMB2 magic number
- Restore startup perfomance to v4.1.2 times. Needs at least libtorrent 1.1.10
- Add free disk space to WebUI status bar, and many other WebUI improvements.
- Allow to disable downloading REPACK/PROPER matches
- Improve RSS Feed updating
- Allow resizing search filter in search job
- And various other improvements and bug-fixes.
In order to install qbittorrent on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver, Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus, Linux Mint, Elementary OS and other Ubuntu deriviative systems, you need to add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the qbittorrent package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install qbittorrent
Optional, to remove qbittorrent, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove qbittorrent
Leave a Reply