Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Remarkable is an open-source, lightweight markdown editor, that uses the Github Flavored Markdown syntax.
Among others, it has support for live previewing the changes, export to PDF and HTML feature, add custom CSS, has syntax highlighting and customizable keyboard shortcuts and both live word and character count.
The latest version available is Remarkable 0.975, which has been recently released, coming with the below changes:
- Improved: loading of user settings
- New: convert selected text to lowercase, titlecase, uppercase
- New: copy selection to clipboard as HTML
- New: copy all to clipboard as HTML
- Fix: Python-Markdown issue is now fixed. Should work on all most all machines, issue was due to a Python
- Markdown update that wasn’t backward compatible with current third-party extensions
- Break: PDF export seems to be broken now on some machines
In this article I will show you how to install Remarkable 0.975 on Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint Five, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2.0, Debian Wheezy, Debian Jessie and other Ubuntu/Debian derivative systems.
Because it is not available via any repository or PPA, we have to download the deb package from the project’s site and install it by hand. I prefer gdebi over dpkg due to the fact that it also handles dependencies.
How to install Remarkable 0.9.75 on both 32 bit and 64 bit Ubuntu and Debian systems:
$ wget http://remarkableapp.net/files/remarkable_0.975_all.deb
$ sudo gdebi remarkable_0.975_all.deb
Optional, to remove remarkable, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove remarkable