Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, Scribus is an open-source multiplatform publishing programm, working on Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X, Windows and others. It provides an intuitive, user-friendly interface, allowing users to easily publish their work.
- Scribus is now being shipped with the most recent version of Barcode Writer in Pure PostScript.
- Updates to the Scripter that enable more control on PDF export. There is also a new command in Scripter, applyMasterPage(), which allows you to apply an existing Master Page.
- Updates to the Resene color palettes, including, for the first time, The Resene Total Colour System (TCS) Master Palette.
- Many translation updates and improvements.
- Usability improvements.
- Better application icons.
- New templates.
Recently, the PPA has received packages for Ubuntu 15.04 systems.
In this article I will show you how to install Scribus 1.4.5 on Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Linux Mint 13 Maya, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Elementary OS 0.2 Luna, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2, Deepin 2014 and other Ubuntu 14.10 and Ubuntu 14.04 derivative systems.
Because it is available via PPA, installing Scribus 1.4.5 on Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04 and derivative systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the scribus package. Like this:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install scribus
Optional, to remove scribus, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove scribus