Edit: Due to the fact that this article is old, the installation instructions may not work anymore. In order to successfully install the latest version of Texstudio, please access the texstudio tag and open the latest article (the one on top).
Hello Linux Geeksters. As you may know, TeXstudio is an open-source integrated writing environment for creating LaTeX documents. Among others, it has syntax highlighting features, an integrated viewer, reference checking, completion for references and bibliography entries, access to over 1000 mathematical symbols easy and a feature for performing copy/paste/insert new table columns operations with a single click.
The latest version available is TeXstudio 2.9.4, which has been released a while ago, coming with the below changes:
- fix: bug concerning overwritten shortcuts on Linux and OSX
- allow word wrapping at all CJK characters
- simplified latexmk call (thanks to YoungFrog)
- fix: incorrect interpretation of dir/file arguments in import commands
- fix: crash when hidden implicit master document is deleted
- fix: incorrect merging of absolute files with additional search paths
- fix: make pkg-config work on osx again
- fix: crash when reopening hidden document in singleDocMode
- fix: basic shortcuts (like “Left”) might be overwritten when using TXS in certain languages (Japanese, Italian, …)
- fix: positioning of completer tooltip when using multiple screens
In this article I will show you how to install TeXstudio 2.9.4 on Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Linux Mint 13 Maya, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Elementary OS 0.2 Luna, Deepin 2014, Peppermint Five, LXLE 14.04, Linux Lite 2 and other Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 12.04 derivative systems.
Because it is available via PPA, installing TeXstudio 2.9.4 on Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04 and derivative systems is easy. All you have to do is add the ppa to your system, update the local repository index and install the texstudio package. Like this:
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:blahota/texstudio
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install texstudio
Optional, to remove texstudio, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove texstudio