Hello Jolla Enthusiasts. For now, Android applications can be installed on Jolla via the Jolla Store, F-Droid, Yandex Store, Amazon App Store and Aptoide but support for the 1Mobile Market App store has been added lately.
It provides more than 500.000 free Android applications, available in more than 13 languages and now, it became available for the first Jolla device.
How to install the 1Mobile Market on the Jolla smartphone:
- Turn on your Jolla device, open the internet browser and go to http://1mobile.com/app/market
- Download it, by tapping “For Phone”
- Install and open the application
- Inside the 1Mobile application, search for the app you want to download and tap “free”, to start the downloading process
- After the installation has been successfully done, open the app and enjoy
For a demonstration of the 1Mobile Market running on Jolla, see the above video:
For those who don’t know yet, Jolla is a project developed by former Nokia employees. The first Jolla smartphone is running on Sailfish OS, a modified Megoo Linux system, which is Android compatible, uses Wayland as the default display server , uses Nokia N9′s Maliit touchscreen keyboard and comes with interchangeable covers, allowing the users to easily switch them, in order to change the color/model of the phone and comes with impressive hardware specifications.