How To Install Transmission 2.81 On Ubuntu 13.04, 12.10, 12.04 And Linux Mint 15, 14, 13 Via PPA
Edit: Due to the fact that this article is old, the installation instructions may not work anymore. In order to successfully install the latest version of Transmission, please access the transmission tag and open the latest article (the one on top).
The latest installation instructions for Transmission
Hello Linux Geeksters. Transmission 2.81 brings only a few changes and improvements to the previous version, Transmission 2.80. For a full list of improvements read the changelog.
In this article I will show you how to install Transmission 2.81 on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail, Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, Linux Mint 15 Olivia, Linux Mint 14 Nadia and Linux Mint 13 Maya.
Installing Transmission 2.81 on Ubuntu and Linux Mint is easy, because it is available via PPA, so all you have to do is:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jacob/comm
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install transmission
- Transmission 2.80 Has Been Officially Released, With New Features
- How To Install Oracle Java 7 Update 51 (7u51) On Ubuntu 13.10, 13.04, 12.10, 12.04, 10.04, Linux Mint 16, 15, 14, 13, Pear OS 8, 7 And Elementary OS 0.2
- How To Install Virtualbox 4.2.22 On Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Pear OS, Elementary OS, Debian Wheezy And Kwheezy
- How To Install Audacity 2.0.5 On Ubuntu 13.10, 13.04, 12.10, 12.04, Linux Mint 16, 15, 14, 13, Pear OS 8, 7 And Elementary OS 0.2
- How To Install Kernel 3.10 On Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian and Derivates
Tagged with: how to install transmission 2.81 on linux mint
, how to install transmission 2.81 on ubuntu
, linux mint
, linux mint 13
, linux mint 14
, linux mint 15
, ubuntu 12.04
, ubuntu 12.10
, ubuntu 13.04
Posted in The Linux and Unix Articles!