As you may know, 0 A. D. is an open-source war and economy real time strategy game of ancient warfare, available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
The latest version available is 0 A. D. Alpha 20 “Timosthenes”, which comes with a lot of changes.
New Gameplay Features in This Release:
- New Random Maps: “Ambush”, “Empire“, “Flood”, “Frontier“, “Hell’s Pass“, “Island Stronghold“, “Lions Den” and “Stronghold“.
- New Skirmish maps: A 4-player skirmish map named “Forest Battle” and a 2-player skirmish map named “Golden Island“.
- Use allied drop sites: After researching a technology you can use your ally’s storehouses, farmsteads, docks, CCs, but not Mauryan elephants, to drop off resources your units have gathered. The ally needs to allow it for each drop site, so it can’t be used to “steal” all the resources in the area.
- Murder Holes: Research a technology to let towers attack units standing underneath the tower.
- New technologies for fishing: Research technologies to improve the gathering efficiency of your ships.
- Loot resources that killed enemies carried: Now you will automatically get the resources that were carried by units killed by your armies, in other words: kill wood workers to get wood, farmers to get food, etc. This is in addition to the normal loot you get when killing units.
For more information about this release, see the official announcement.
Up to date packages are available via some third party PPA, so installing the software on Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus, Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Linux Mint 17.x, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya and other Ubuntu derivative systems is easy.
All you need to do is add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the 0ad package:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install 0ad
Optional, to remove 0 A.D., do:
$ sudo apt-get remove 0ad