As you may know, Cricket Score Indicator is an open-source app indicator that displays the cricket results on your Ubuntu desktop. If you click on the scorecard sub-menu for each match that is ON.
- Shows current score as indicator label
- Updated as soon as espncricinfo is updated
- Submenu shows the scorecard of corresponding match
- Categories for International and Domestic matches
- Option to set a particular match score as indicator label
- Adds new match as it is available and deletes the unavailable ones
- Icon shows the runs scored on the last delivery of the corresponding match
- Initially all submenus (scorecards) are hidden to reduce network usage
The latest version available is Cricket Score Indicator 3.5.3, recently released.
Because it is available via PPA, installing the software on Ubuntu systems is easy. Add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the cricket-score-indicator package:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rawcoder/cricket-score-indicator
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install cricket-score-indicator
Optional, to remove cricket-score-indicator, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove cricket-score-indicator
The installation instructions should work on Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin and derivative systems like Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Linux Mint 13 Maya, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint 6, Peppermint 5, LXLE 14.04 and Linux Lite 2.