As you may know, Gnome Pie is a circular application launcher, enabling the users to easily access their favorite apps, which they have added to the pie. For usage information, see this link.
The latest version available is Gnome Pie 0.6.5, which comes with the below updates and bug-fixes:
- New Feature: Added possibility to select slices by typing their names.
- New Feature: Its now possible to position each theme layer (icons, files and slice caption) relative to their centers with a x-offset and a y-offset
- Update: Translation updates for French locale
- Update: Translation updates for German locale.
- Bug-fix: Fixed hard to read text when displaying slice hotkeys for some themes.
Up to date packages are available via the developer’s PPA, so installing the launcher on Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr and derivative systems like Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Pinguy OS 14.04, Elementary OS 0.3 Freya, Deepin 2014, Peppermint 6, Peppermint 5, LXLE 14.04 and Linux Lite 2 is easy. Just add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the gnome-pie package:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:simonschneegans/testing
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install gnome-pie
Optional, to remove gnome-pie, do:
$ sudo apt-get remove gnome-pie